Friday, May 28, 2010

Gender Roles

I think it's very important for parents to prevent gender role stereotyping from occurring. For instance, I like Elyse wanting to work with Nate's tools or play sports. I will encourage my son to be interested in cooking and playing house/dolls with Elyse. Well so far so good as you can tell in the video. Our neighbor boy, Cole is one of Elyse's favorite people to be around. A few days ago she got one of his laser weapons and LOVES it. She carries it around and constantly says, "Bam". I don't know where she got the "bam" thing, but as long as she doesn't hit people with it, then I think it's great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Elyse practicing to become a Jedi? No Princess Leah in her future, right! Looks like she is having a lot of fun just bamming around.
Love, Grand K