Sunday, December 6, 2015

Advent Day 6

Attend Family of Christ's "Journey to Bethlehem"

Our Advent activity today is something I have wanted to take part in for a few years now.  Unfortunately was told it was more appropriate for school age kids rather than younger ones.  I understand there is a lot of sitting, but all six of us LOVED it.  "Journey to Bethlehem" is about an hour program where we journeyed through the Christmas story as if we were right along with Mary and Joseph.  The kids were captivated with every new room they walked into; for instance, the soldiers trying to kill their Dad when he didn't pay enough to Caesar, the marketplace where they bought things to help the people of Bethlehem, the angels singing and startling the shepherds, to seeing the newborn baby Jesus wrapped in Mary's arms.  I know we will be participating in this activity again if they offer it because it just became my favorite Christmas event.








No comments: