Saturday, June 5, 2010

Blossomed

Today Nate, Elyse and I went to celebrate a good friend's graduation. While there Nate and I were saying how in no time we will be throwing Elyse her graduation party. Then tonight while Nate and I were playing with Elyse, I sat back to watch her. I watched her interact in ways I have never seen, heard her say sentences I have never heard and saw not a 20 month old, but a 3 year old. Just recently Elyse has blossomed into a little girl. I love her even more today than when we brought her home, but just feel she is growing up way too fast. I'm under the assumption I am not the only parent that feels this way, but inside my heart aches a little knowing how fast time really goes.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

You took the words not only right out of my mouth, but out of my heart too. Elyse is blossoming into a little girl...and a beautiful girl at that! Our babies are growing way too fast. It's hard to find a balance between holding on and letting go. I'm doing all I can to be present in each moment and not let them slip away unnoticed.

Shawn and Amelia said...

It does goes by super fast, but you can feel a little better about it anticipating that soon you'll get to know everything going on in Elyse's mind... then it REALLY gets fun!! I'm hoping the rest of the stages are as enjoyable :0)

Anonymous said...

Don't let Elyse grow up before Fathers Day weekend. We're excited to get there!
Love Grand K