Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Can It Really Be That Easy?
A few weeks ago Nate finished Elyse's toddler bed by making a side rail. I think it turned out really nice. Who would have ever guessed her bed cost NOTHING?!?! Anyway, everyday we have asked Elyse if she wants to sleep in her new big girl bed or crib. Her response has been crib every time, however today was totally different. While asking today I told her she could keep her paces. After saying "paci" she voluntarily jumped in and laid down. I told her when she wakes up she had to stay in bed until she said "Mama" and I open the door. Well her nap was just over 1.5 hours (30 minutes shy of normal) but she did it. She got up, said "Mama", I left her in there for 5 minutes to see what she would do, opened the door and found her sitting up waiting patiently. I then gave her books and ran to the get the camera to capture my baby's first nap out of her crib. I don't know if it was a one time occurrence, but we aren't pushing her right now. Just praising her for making the first step on her own today. In fact, I believe it was harder for me than her, as I found myself shedding a few tears when the nursery was empty at 1:30. Although as I have said it before, my baby is no longer a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Go, Elyse!! She looks so sweet and content in her new bed, and I hope the transition is that easy for all of you :0) (Though I've got to warn you that Liam stayed in his bed patiently for MONTHS before it occurred to him to start raiding our room - don't let him tell Elyse his evil plot!)
Will still stays in bed until I come get him, sometimes he gets down to play with some toys, but he never leaves his room.
YAY for Elyse! And, very bittersweet for you. I remember sewing those curtains for her nursery and it seems like that wasn't very long ago. I'm SO glad that she decided she wanted to try her big girl bed on her own! We want Elyse to come over and teach Aiden how to sleep in a big kid bed. Aiden has been enrolled in "baby sleep boot camp" this week. He is only 2 but can manipulate bedtime like teenager. SERIOUSLY! We're tired!
Big girl Elyse, way to go!!!! When she made up mind; the rest is history. Paci may be different story but maybe not.
Love, Grand K
Post a Comment