Elyse with her new toy, distance from Elyse's play room to stairs
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Unsolved Mystery
Our front door use to be painted an ugly gray, so Nate decided to refinish it so the natural wood would show instead. It's looking good so far, but that's not the point of the mystery. Today was raining non-stop so Nate and I had to take the door down and carry it to the garage through the house instead of outside. So we opened Elyse's little step gate and proceeded to take it to the garage. Elyse got a new toy Nate found on Craig's List so we assumed it would keep her busy while we moved the door like it's done in the past. We we wrong! I walked back into the house and found Elyse crawling towards me. She some how made it down the three steps to get to the family room. When I saw her she was smiling. We also found NO marks, bruises, cuts or anything showing she got hurt. Maybe she scooted backwards as we have been working on, maybe she slid on her stomach, maybe she rolled every step, I guess the mystery will never be solved. All we know is we need to keep that gate closed 24/7 from now on.
Elyse with her new toy, distance from Elyse's play room to stairs
Nate working on the front door in the garage, see the beautiful wood
Spot where I found Elyse after successfully making it down the stairs
Elyse with her new toy, distance from Elyse's play room to stairs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How did she get down those stairs?? They arent' very steep so I'm betting she somehow crawled down, but I guess only Elyse knows and she isn't telling! You'll have to keep an eye on that little Houdini!
I aleays knew she was special!
Love
Grams xoxo
Post a Comment