Thursday, June 18, 2009

Amen

Whether out at a restaurant, someone's home or at our own table, we always give thanks to God before we eat our meal. Nate and I hold one of our hands together and grab Elyse's with the other open hand. We want her to be apart of our praying time before we eat.
Well the cutest thing happened last night. Nate decided he wanted to take his girls out to dinner. I was super excited since I love to go out to eat and it's been awhile since all three of us had. Nate and I ordered and while we were waiting for our meal, we let Elyse start eating her banana. Then once our food arrived we decided to let her just keep eating (she had very sticky fingers from the banana) and we would just hold our hands together. With our eyes shut and heads bowed praying, Elyse by herself decided to place her hand on ours and leave it there until we were done. Once finished Nate and I both look at each other and smile, and then turn to Elyse who too was smiling.

Picture is taken in Michigan, but cute picture of Elyse praying :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Cool!!!! You are both great parents!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been enjoying the pictures and the updates. She looks like she is growing up so fast. Very cute.
Aunt Betty