Monday, September 10, 2012

Preschool

Elyse officially started preschool today.  The reason I said "officially" is because last week she had class but it was a parent/child shortened day. Today was the real thing and she did awesome!  She loved every bit if it (especially snack time she said).  She was also the special birthday student today. Talk about a big first day.
 
How did I do you ask?
Surprisingly really well.  I think it helps that I drop her off at other places like church and the gym.  Plus she was so excited and ran in without giving me a hug or saying "bye" I knew she would have a great time.  I got a little emotional on the ride home since it was so quiet, but no tears.  Caleb on the other hand was crying constantly for Elyse.  He also kept bringing me her shoes.  When I told him to get his shoes so we could go pick her up, he pretty much ran them back to me.  So sweet he is! 
 
 
 Right before entering the classroom

 Elyse and I right before attending "Parent/Child" Day

7 comments:

Sandy said...

All grown up and read for school!

B + A said...

Very sweet picture of you two! Glad she had a great time!

Kim said...

Way to go Elyse! I can't believe she is in school already!!! I'm proud of you too Natalie, I will probably be bawling in a few years!

Kate said...

Such a sweet girl! My goodness how time flies...Both of you look beautiful!

Jenny said...

All grown up already! Glad she had a good time!

Shawn and Amelia said...

So glad you're loving school, Elyse - happy first day!

Anonymous said...

Glad Elyse loves school. She'll do well and so will mom.
GK