Friday, February 18, 2011

Caleb's Dedication

Last Sunday, Nate and I debated on whether or not to dedicate Caleb without our adoption being finalized. After much talk and prayer we asked ourselves, "Why wouldn't we?" We have made a promise to Caleb's birth family that we would raise him in a home dedicated to the Lord, and what better way to keep that promise than to publicly display that in front of our church family and family. After all this stuff that took place this week I started to play games in my mind about dedicating him until I was in a beautiful prayer session with some brothers and sisters in Christ and one friend prayed these words, "Thank you Lord for Caleb, it was by no mistake that he was dedicated on Sunday, he will now forever be dedicated to you as one of your precious children." After I heard that, I cried of joy, thank you Lord for giving us the opportunity to dedicate Caleb.

The Man of the Hour- looking so handsome in a tie (thanks Aunt Kim)

On stage with Pastor Randy, dedicating and praying for Caleb

Celebrating afterwards with family and friends. A special thanks to all that showed, especially my brother, Steven, sis-in-law, Kim and adorable niece, Chloe for driving 11 hours to be apart of his day.

11 comments:

Shawn and Amelia said...

OK, the top photo may just be my very favorite pic of Caleb yet... Lovin the tie, Kim (and of course the model is absolutely adorable)!

As far as the dedication, I agree why wouldn't you have done it last weekend? You had family there to help celebrate, and none of the struggle of the past days changes your commitment to raise Caleb as a follower of Christ. Take this one off your worry list - you did the right thing :0)

Kim said...

We wouldn't have missed it for the world! We were so happy to be part of Caleb's special day!
I couldn't have imagined all this would have happened since last weekend, but God knew it would the whole time. Thanks for being a godly example and dedicating Caleb to Him.
We love you all!

Anonymous said...

I don't really know for sure what dedication is,but I am thinking it is like baptism? I can remember my kids at their Baptism and the grnadchildren also. All the family would get together and be there. It is such a wonderful occasion for everyone and there is something about it that you feel extra close to the Lord on that day. I think that it was a perfect time to do it and it no doubt has helped you this past week. The song, "Lord, Bless this Child," was always done by the Klauser girls. :>)The more that you think about it, it was the perfect time to do it.
Love you guys and thinking about you every day. Hope that we will get to meet Caleb.
Aunt Betty

grandmapatti said...

I was led to your blog via Facebook...and I can't get your family out of my mind (or prayers). I've passed your name and situation along to all of my family and I'm certain my mom (in California) has added you to her prayer chain. I hope and pray BIG TIME that Caleb is able to stay with your family. It's SO OBVIOUS that you are wonderful Christian people and I can't even begin to imagine the pain and angst you must be feeling. I'm hugging you all the way from Arizona..and praying that Mariah does the right thing for Caleb.
hugs, grandmapatti

B + A said...

So glad that you could show Caleb and the world part of what a Godly family loos like. I am praising God for these awesome experiences you get to have as a family!!!

angie leverence said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie leverence said...

Beautiful pictures you guys! It was by no mistake he was dedicated to God. Praying with you for His will. :)

nick&abby said...

I cannot get over that tie! That is too cute.
My mom said the same thing this week. God knew the events that would be taking place this week while you were dedicating Caleb to him. It's no mistake that he was placed with you guys and He has some big plans for you little man :)

Unknown said...

Hi Natalie. You don't know me at all, but i just wanted to let you know that my family and I are praying daily for you and your family. I am friends with Sheryl Landham who is friends with Jen Lee. Sheryl suggested that those who are interested in adoption, go to Jen's blog-site as she has lots of good information available. I went to Jen's site and have been reading her blogs ever since. She posted something from your blog a few days ago, and since then I've been following your situation. I just want you to know that there are indeed people praying for you all over the world, as our family currently resides in Istanbul, Turkey. We have amazing prayer warriors dedicated to praying for us, and i would love to ask them to pray for your family (only if you would be okay with that). My heart just aches for you right now. I am so amazed though at how you've been able to persevere through this ordeal, by God's grace.

Again, just wanted to let you know that you and your sweet family are on my heart and mind and that I am praying for you several times each day. We have a son, Silas, who will be 3 months old this Wednesday. I am frequently reminded of you and Caleb as I care for my little guy who is so close in age to your little guy.

May the Lord comfort you in ways you cannot even comprehend this week. And may precious Caleb be able to stay with your family forever.
Blessings
Marsha Drake

Unknown said...

That little tie is too precious!! I totally agree with you about dedicating Caleb. He is the Lord's first anyway! Still fighting in prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

Caleb looks so adorable in his new tie, thanks Kim. We are praying for your family.
Love, Grand K