Every week Elyse and I go to the library to check out new books. I LOVE that she enjoys being read to so much. I never object spending time sitting together and reading. I often even catch her reading to herself. The book in the video is Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson. I don't know what it is about this book that brings her so much joy, maybe the simple pictures, the creative story line or the book is thick and small, but for this week, it ranks #1.
My friend Jenny posted this once and I thought it was a great idea. To list some of Elyse and my favorite children's books and then have you comment listing some of yours. There are many wonderful books out there that I often have not heard of. So would you please take a moment and let me know some of yours or your child's favorites?!?!
Here are just a few of our favorites:
-Bear's New Friend (and other Bear books) by Karma Wilson
-Maisy Goes to the Library (and other Maisy books)by Lucy Cousins
-Tiny Baby Jesus by Dandi Daley Mackall
-Fancy Nancy books by Jane O'Connor
-Llama Llama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney
-If You Give a Mouse a Cookie by Laura Joffee Numeroff
-I'll Always Love You by Robert Munsch
-In Case You Ever Wonder by Max Lucado
-Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? by Bill Martin, Jr.
-The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
-Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
-Hugs and Kisses by Christophe Loupi
-Corduroy by Don Freeman
-There's An Alligator Under My Bed by Mercer Mayer
-Olivia series by Ian Falconer
-Curious George series by Hans Augusto Rey
1 comment:
One of our recent favorites was Wild About Books. It's about a librarian who accidentally drives the bookmobile into the zoo, and teaches all the animals to read. It's really clever! I have totally appreciated the book Honey for a Child's Heart, it has lists of good quality books in the back, age appropriate. A great reference to have on hand!
Post a Comment