Monday, August 9, 2010
Story of the Missing "I"
To start off this post I have to recommend the toy I am about to talk about. The Leap Frog's Magnetic Letters. This toy not only keeps a child busy while us moms are in the kitchen, but I swear they helped Elyse learn her letters so quickly. It's a wonderful toy and even though it is recommended for a 2 year old, I say start at 1. Okay for the story of the missing "I".
For just about two months now Elyse has had to play with her magnetic letters as they are on the fridge. All 25, that's right, no "I". Randomly one day it went missing and I swore I was going to have to write into Leap Frog to buy another one. Well, yesterday, I see my daughter running into the kitchen smiling and carrying a little red "I". That's right, she found it. She found it in her washer/dryer toy set. I rotate toys every 3 weeks and so she hasn't seen her set in over 6 weeks, and that's why I haven't seen the "I". Well being so structured and an orderly person, I was going crazy with it gone and now that the "I" has returned, I can finally feel fulfilled that her magnetic board is complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I absolutely agree with you about these letters... Will LOVES them! Whenever we are missing one the house goes on lockdown. We have the lowercase ones too so there are a lot more to lose.
I told you it would just show up one of these days! You know how I hate to loose stuff too, but it seems like the missing toys eventually get found. YAY! Now your letter family is complete. Did Elyse happen to find our letter "y" in the washing machine as well?
Haha. You're too funny Natalie! What a little beauty Elyse is becoming. Feels like it's been awhile since we saw you guys.
I can totally relate to the missing toy pieces driving you CRAZY... happy day when one is found!! And Elyse is looking so grown-up these days - tell her to stop 'til we can see you all again!
Post a Comment