Last night after Elyse fell asleep the warning sirens alerted Nate and I that a storm was heading our way. We generally aren't ones to take cover or get nervous. However, now with having Elyse our perspective has changed. We turned off all the lights(but the television to keep us posted), I held sleeping Elyse in my arms, Nate set up the basement, and then we waited till the news anchor said, "Take shelter if in Coon Rapids." Thankfully that never was said, but we sure still felt some impact from the storm. The lightning was crazy, the thunder was minimal, and the rain and wind were rough. We waited 45 minutes until the radar showed it was past Coon Rapids/Blaine. Once we felt safe, we tucked Elyse back into bed, turned the lights on and Nate grabbed the camera. The clouds and lightning to the east of us were incredible. These are just some of the amazing shots Nate took. I thank God for providing safety for us and pray no one was harmed during this powerful storm last night.
4 comments:
Glad you all were safe and no damage. Cool pictures Nate does a great job with his camera.Love spending time with you this afternoon.
love,
Mom
Tom thought the pictures were very cool. I thought the pictures were very scary. I'm an over-reacter who makes Aiden sleep on the couch downstairs if there is even a garden variety thunderstorm...you just never know. Glad you guys were safe and thanks for coming over for dinner and for the birthday brownies. We had fun!
Wow.
I miss those storms.
Nothing but sunny and 75 here...
Great lightning pictures, they can be tough to capture but are so cool when you get good ones.
Post a Comment