Now that Elyse is 6 months she can start eating flavored baby food. We were told it's better to start with vegetables or babies may not eat them after fruits because fruits are so sweet. So we tried sweet peas (couldn't be that bad it had sweet in the name). Anyway, as you can see from the video, it was not a success. After trying a few bites we soon switched back to cereal. We will continue to try other flavors until she finds one she enjoys.
9 comments:
Not so much! Maybe it's the texture she did like. Good Luck....
Love
Mom xoxo
your little face made us laugh out loud!!! can't believe all that gagging, what a drama queen. :o)
I am still laughing at this video.
Poor little baby girl. She was sitting pretty already for some good food, and you give her peas??? Did you taste those peas??
A texture and taste that is like no other vegetable. Now when it comes to the fruits, she will love them. She was a trooper though, did she finish them up?
Luv Ya! Aunt Betty
Dude...that was hilarious! - Tom
Oh my word! Steven and I laughed so hard at this. You can tell she is so excited to eat and then SO disgusted by what you gave her. Priceless!
Aunt Kim and Uncle Steven
Hahaha! What a cutie! Rylee hated peas at first, too, but eventually liked them once she got a little older. Must be something about them... :)
I read the same thing...start with veggies instead of fruits, so your kids will be better eaters of all foods. But we started with yellow & orange veggies, b/c they tend to not be so bitter. A's first was sweet potatoes, and she LOVED them. (Of course I mixed them with a ton of b-milk, so that perhaps sweetened the deal.) :) But I found that the thicker the food, the harder time she had with it, so maybe diluting it with some formula at first would help. After s-potatoes we did carrots, squash, etc, before the green veggies. Then eventually fruit (which she HATED at first...check out her applesauce video on our blog, HILARIOUS!) But nowadays she LOVES her fruits, AND her green veggies. :) It's so much fun, isn't it!?!?!?
Ha - have you TRIED those peas?! I'm with Elyse... blech! Nothing like the real deal :0)
That said, I read somewhere (not that it's necessarily true, but an idea) that kiddos - and people in general - need to try something on average 6 times before acquiring a taste. So maybe keep the peas in the rotation for just a bit longer?
I laughed so hard. Poor Elyse! Peas were the first thing I gave Aiden too and he HATED them. He eats them happily now....as long as they are pureed with mint. Aiden wants to tell Elyse that she looks beautiful in her 6 month pictures.
Post a Comment