Thursday, January 2, 2014

Ian's Birth Story and Pictures

Now that the holidays as well as Nate and Caleb's birthdays are all over, life is finally getting back to normality.  Therefore, I can finally sit down and post Ian's birth story that I have been asked by many to write and honored to do so. 

Even though I had NO control of when Ian was going to make his appearance, I was asked by Nate to wait until his work training was finished, preferred to have him come over the weekend by my mom and most importantly, not to arrive on Caleb's 3rd birthday.  On top of all that pressure ;)  the week before I went into labor I was already dilated to a four, 90% effaced and a +2 (+4 is crowning), so I was going to come fast!  My mom was up by noon on that Friday and Nate's training was now complete so both of them stated I could go into labor right then.  Well the rest of Friday and Saturday came and went.  That night, Nate and I went to bed at 10:45 PM knowing the next day was our only hope or I would have to wait two more days to avoid Caleb's birthday.  At 11:46 PM I got up to go to the bathroom, as I began walking back into bed, I informed Nate my water had just broke.  We then proceeded to call the hospital, wake my mom up who was already here (thank goodness) and headed out the door around midnight.  Contractions started in the car at about 12:10 AM.  We arrived at the hospital around 12:20 AM.  I was dilated to a six at that time without a midwife.  I asked to sit in the bathtub to sooth the contractions.  Was in there for about 20 minutes, felt Ian and was then at a ten.  Nurse said midwife was close but called the on call doctor.  I felt the need to push, instead screamed out loud, "Natalie, do not push!" (I really wanted my midwife). At that time, my midwife walks in, takes her coat off and tells me I can now push.  I pushed through one contraction and successfully had Nate catch Ian and heard the cries of our fourth beautiful blessing.  Born at 1:38 AM.  Overall, I was very blessed with having a successful and quick labor.

Below are a few pictures from Ian's birth, enjoy!








7 comments:

Kim said...

Yay!so glad he made it right when he was supposed to! Love him so much already! Can't wait to hold him! Good job momma!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, tears of JOY. I love me a good birth story. So thankful everything went so smoothly for you all!

Shawn and Amelia said...

Beautiful story, baby, and family - thanks for sharing! Now I can't wait to hear about how Ian got his (great!) name :0)

Jenny said...

A Beautiful story, a beautiful baby, and a beautiful family! Elyse looks so proud! In the second picture Ian looks like such a big strong boy with a broad chest. So funny that he was your littlest peanut. ;)

Jenny said...

I just realized that I wrote the exact same thing as Shawn and Amelia. :)

Kiley said...

Wow, you are AMAZING! What a quick delivery! Did you think it was easier than Kallen, or just shorter? Good thing your mom was there!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful addition to the Klauser family. Glad that everything went well.
G K