Friday, June 14, 2013

"I Love Him"

Conversation I had with Elyse a few days ago...

E: "Mom, I love Tanner." (Tanner is our neighbor that is Elyse's age.)
M: "You don't love Tanner, you like him."
E: "No, I love him."
M: "Do you know what love feels like?"
E: "No, what does it feel like?"
M: "Butterflies, or like riding that ride with dad a few days ago at MOA where you dropped straight down and your stomach went funny."
E: "Yes, I have that with Tanner so see I love him."
M: "Ok, if you love him you need to get Dad's permission."
E: "Why?"
M: "Because when you love someone or begin dating someone you need to make sure dad approves and says he is a good guy for dating his daughter."
E: "Ok then, I like Tanner."  :)

So I find this conversation to be really funny, but scary too.  The reason is because Elyse is wanting to know about dating and love already, she is FOUR!!!

2 comments:

Shawn and Amelia said...

OK, Elyse is definitely ahead of Greta in the world of boys... She picked Gavin to hang out with at preschool because "he likes to make mud pies, too"! :0)

angie leverence said...

That is definitely scary. (and wonderful.) What a beautiful girl. You may have to lock her up starting now.