As stated in the previous post, one of my top things on Sunday was dedicating Kallen. For those of you that have never heard of a dedication, it means that we presented Kallen in front of our church saying that we as parents will raise him up in a home dedicated to the Lord. According to the bible a child is not saved by being baptized as an infant. Therefore, promising God that we will teach him about Him, Kallen will hopefully in turn make that decision to commit himself to God and choose to be baptized. Just like Elyse and Caleb's, dedicating Kallen was a wonderful and honoring experience for Nate and I.
We were also asked to pick a bible verse for Kallen. This was pretty easy for us, since it is the same verse we have hung in our children's rooms, because we believe it fits each kiddo's story perfectly. Plus it is were Kallen's middle name, Samuel comes from.
"I asked the Lord to give me this child, and he has given me my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life."
1 Samuel 1:27-28
4 comments:
You all look great! So glad you had such a wonderful and special mother's day!Love all the pics!
Such a special day for all of you. Your family is beautiful and I love the verse you chose for Kallen.
What wonderful photos of Kallen's special day! I still think it's funny that Caleb looks HUGE when the boys are in pictures together :0)
It was wonderful to be with our family at this special time in Kallen's life.
Love,G K
Post a Comment