Friday, September 10, 2010

God's Plan Really is PERFECT

I may have already posted this picture before, but this time it's going to be for real. That's right, Nate and I were chosen by a birthmother three hours north of the cities tonight. Here's the reason why I posted the title the way I did. God led us through the adoption process with Lily to prepare us to be okay with having an open adoption, which is what this birthmother prefers. She is young and therefore knows she can not support this child. Her family is 100% supportive and involved with this adoption. The baby is completely healthy and due on Nate's mother's birthday in December. Although one of the most remarkable reasons to us is that the baby is 3/4 Caucasian and 1/4 Hispanic, the exact same ratio as Elyse. They are going to have something in common that we can celebrate and embrace as a family. I can't get over how much He blesses us. When I think about all these beautiful things about this adoption I have so much hope, faith and joy I can't describe it in words. Oh yeah, this adoption also shows God's sense of humor, we don't know the gender and may not find out. The reason it's funny is because I swore I could never go without knowing and give my brother and sister-in-law the hardest time for not finding out theirs. Never say you can't do something, because God will show you that you can.

We also want to thank you all for your prayers! Even though everything is perfect and decided, we still ask for more prayer on a few things. We pray that everything continues to go smoothly, baby continues to be healthy and most importantly, we plan on meeting the birthmother in a few weeks and need everything to go smoothly so she won't change her mind. We feel that God has gotten us this far and He will for sure be with us at the meeting and take us to the end. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and boy is it beautiful!!!

21 comments:

Seth and Kelly said...

Yahoo!!!!! I thought that was suppose to happen this week, but then forgot to ask you about it the other day!!!! :) So awesome you guys!!!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! How awesome! I was just thinking how wonderful "the peace of God that transcends all understanding" is! We're celebrating with you and praising God. He is good!

Shawn and Amelia said...

YES!!! So, so very happy for you (and for us!)! I agree that it would be so hard not to find out the gender of the baby, but if there is ever a good surprise - that's it :0) Congratulations!

Kiki said...

So excited for you! Congratulations! So, when is the due date, since I don't know Nate's moms birthday! Or can you not tell? No big deal. Praying that all goes well!

Angie said...

Hallelujah!!! Couldn't be more thrilled!!

Robin Fiedler said...

so happy for you all. will keep praying that God works it all out!

B + A said...

Yay!!!!! Excited for you to be a family of FOUR!!!

Jill Paullus said...

Wow, I love it! :) :) :)

Joel and Nicole said...

That's incredible Natalie!! So excited for you guys! Praise God that HE knows the "big picture" of it all and knows how to put together the perfect puzzle!

Sandy said...

We never like trials in our lives but, it brings us closer to our father and see his wonderful works in our lives. God does have a plan for us and we give him all the praise. Can't wait to meet our new grandchild.

Janel said...

Praise God! He is SO faithful!

Vicki said...

I have tears (happy ones of course) a December baby means our babies will be close in age!!! So happy for all of you!!!

Christy said...

Yay Yay Yay!!! SO thankful to hear how God is moving on your behalf. Keep us posted! Will continue praying...

Brandon, Amanda, Will, and John said...

amazing, amazing news!

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you from Michigan. We will at least know the gender of one baby (Kim and Steven's) soon! :)

Kim said...

YAY! So excited for you guys! God is so good! We love you guys and can't wait to find out, boy or girl??? God is so funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, another grandbaby to love. Nate told me last night but I was a little bit out of it, didn't remember this morning. Has to be a good sign since the baby is due on my birthday, very ironic. Congradulation. We are very excited for all of you.
Love, Grand K

Jen said...

Oh, wow, Natalie! This is such great news. I love seeing God work so faithfully and beautifully. I am so excited for you guys and will continue praying.

nick&abby said...

woohoo! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled for you!! I thought of you randomly one day and checked out your blog to find your devastating news about the last adoption potential falling through. I have been watching since then for this glorious day! Praise God for giving you more than you could have asked or imagined... He is in the business of doing that :)
Amy F,
Peoria

Anonymous said...

Oh Natalie and Nate, we are so excited to hear about another youngster being addded to your lovely family. I can tell you God has his own timing even when we want to help him with it. This is fantastic.
Love ya, Letta and "B: